You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘nectaries’ tag.
If you're interested in joining the Blount County Beekeepers Association, call
Welcome to the web site of the Blount County Beekeepers Association in Maryville, Tennessee.
This site will tell you a little about the association and how to become a member. It will also tell you a little about beekeeping.
Bees are an important part of our environment and particularly our agricultural system. They are also fascinating creatures.
We hope you will be interested enough to join us at some point, even if you're not interested in keeping bees. There are lots of ways you can join in with what we do.
Follow us on Twitter at @blountbees.
Schedule of BCBA meetings for 2014
The Blount County Beekeepers Association meets on the second Monday of every month, except for September and December, at 6:30 p.m. in the Blount County Library.
All of the meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested in learning more about beekeeping is welcome and encouraged to attend.
The following is the schedule of meetings for 2014:
January 13 - regular meeting
February 10-11 - Short course for all new and potential beekeepers. There is no charge for this course, and you do not have to sign up in advance. The public is welcome to attend.
March 1 - Wooden ware workshop, 9 a.m. - noon, Masonic Hall, 797 Vose Street Alcoa
March 8 - New beekeeper workshop, Class 2, 9 a.m. - noon, Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church
March 10 - regular meeting
April 14 - regular meeting
July 14 – regular meeting
August 4 – BCBA board meeting
August 11 – regular meeting
September– no regular meeting
October 13 – regular meeting: Auction to benefit scholarship fund will be held at the regular October monthly meeting.
November 10 – regular meeting
December 8 – Christmas dinner
January 12 – regular meeting
Recently on Blount Bees . . .
- Beekeeping on the cliffs in China September 30, 2014
- BCBA members show off beekeeping, honey at Blue Ribbon Country Fair September 29, 2014
- Is CCD over? September 26, 2014
- NYC beekeepers have it tough, but beekeeping is growing in the Big Apple September 25, 2014
- BCBA members show off bees during Blount Farm Tour September 24, 2014
- September is National Honey Month September 23, 2014
- Beekeepers in Canada file suit against Bayer, Syngenta September 22, 2014
- The joys of goldenrod September 19, 2014
- New thoughts about old comb September 18, 2014
- Bee bacteria could be substitute for antibiotics September 17, 2014
- EarthJustice.org: Going to court on behalf of the bees September 16, 2014
- The joys of crimson clover, part 2: the video September 15, 2014
- The ‘social mobility’ of worker bees September 12, 2014
- Bees need water: a video by Jim Tew September 11, 2014
- Innovation in Florida: Citrus growers and beekeepers cooperate September 10, 2014
- New Jersey beekeepers produce video urging people to start pollinator gardens September 9, 2014
- The joys of crimson clover, part 1: planting in September September 8, 2014
- Defining honey: Feds thinking about, possibly, stepping in September 5, 2014
- Stop squashing bugs. And stop calling them pests. September 4, 2014
- Obama puts feds behind efforts to save pollinators September 3, 2014