If you're interested in joining the Blount County Beekeepers Association, call
Welcome to the web site of the Blount County Beekeepers Association in Maryville, Tennessee.
This site will tell you a little about the association and how to become a member. It will also tell you a little about beekeeping.
Bees are an important part of our environment and particularly our agricultural system. They are also fascinating creatures.
We hope you will be interested enough to join us at some point, even if you're not interested in keeping bees. There are lots of ways you can join in with what we do.
Follow us on Twitter at @blountbees.
Schedule of BCBA meetings for 2017
The Blount County Beekeepers Association meets on the second Monday of every month, except for September and December, at 6:30 p.m. at the Maryville Church of Christ, 611 Sherwood Drive in Maryville.
All of the meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested in learning more about beekeeping is welcome and encouraged to attend.
The following is the schedule of meetings and activities for 2017:
January 9 – regular meeting
February 13 – regular meeting
February 18 – BCBA short course for new beekeepers
March 11 – New Beekeeper Classes
March 13 – regular meeting
March 18 -Wooden Ware class
April 10 – regular meeting
Field Day for new beekeepers
May 8 – regular meeting
June 12 – regular meeting
July 10 – regular meeting
August 14 – regular meeting
October 9 – regular meeting
November 13 – regular meeting
December 11 – Christmas dinner
Recently on Blount Bees . . .
- Great turnout for New Beekeepers Class March 12, 2017
- Wooden ware Workshop March 18th March 2, 2017
- New Beekeepers Class March 11th February 19, 2017
- Great turnout for Short Course February 19, 2017
- New Beekeepers Short Course this Saturday! February 16, 2017
- BCBA Beekeeping Grants 2017 February 9, 2017
- February 13th- Howard Kerr February 3, 2017
- Dadant, Kelley Bees, Smokey Ridge Apiaries February 3, 2017
- New Beekeepers Short Course February 2, 2017
- Change of location for May BCBA meeting: Maryville Church of Christ May 2, 2016
- BCBA hosts field day for new beekeepers April 30 April 12, 2016
- Swarm control and catching swarms to be focus of March meeting March 11, 2016
- New Beekeepers Class ; Saturday, March 12th – location updated February 28, 2016
- Beekeeping 101 – pictures from the short course February 20, 2016
- Short course for new beekeepers set for Sat., Feb. 20 February 11, 2016
- 2016 Grants available January 24, 2016
- Queen rearing and pest control will be topics at January meeting January 9, 2016
- BCBA board shifts new beekeeper course to Saturday in Feb. January 9, 2016
- BCBA meeting July 13 to feature discussion of mead-making July 12, 2015
- Derailment could delay local honey harvest – The Daily Times: News July 8, 2015