You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘nectaries’ tag.
If you're interested in joining the Blount County Beekeepers Association, call
Welcome to the web site of the Blount County Beekeepers Association in Maryville, Tennessee.
This site will tell you a little about the association and how to become a member. It will also tell you a little about beekeeping.
Bees are an important part of our environment and particularly our agricultural system. They are also fascinating creatures.
We hope you will be interested enough to join us at some point, even if you're not interested in keeping bees. There are lots of ways you can join in with what we do.
Follow us on Twitter at @blountbees.
Schedule of BCBA meetings for 2016
The Blount County Beekeepers Association meets on the second Monday of every month, except for September and December, at 6:30 p.m. in the Blount County Library.
All of the meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested in learning more about beekeeping is welcome and encouraged to attend.
The following is the schedule of meetings and activities for 2016:
January 11 – regular meeting
February 9 – regular meeting
February 20 – BCBA short course for new beekeepers
March 14 – regular meeting
March 12 – Introduction to beekeeping course (hands-on workshop)
March 19 – woodenware workshop
April 11 – regular meeting
May 9 – regular meeting
June 13 – regular meeting
July 11 – regular meeting
August 8 – regular meeting
October 10 – regular meeting
November 15 – regular meeting
December 12 – Christmas dinner
Recently on Blount Bees . . .
- BCBA hosts field day for new beekeepers April 30 April 12, 2016
- Swarm control and catching swarms to be focus of March meeting March 11, 2016
- New Beekeepers Class ; Saturday, March 12th – location updated February 28, 2016
- Beekeeping 101 – pictures from the short course February 20, 2016
- Short course for new beekeepers set for Sat., Feb. 20 February 11, 2016
- 2016 Grants available January 24, 2016
- Queen rearing and pest control will be topics at January meeting January 9, 2016
- BCBA board shifts new beekeeper course to Saturday in Feb. January 9, 2016
- BCBA meeting July 13 to feature discussion of mead-making July 12, 2015
- Derailment could delay local honey harvest – The Daily Times: News July 8, 2015
- Beekeepers asked to request that CSX analyze honey in the train derailment July 7, 2015
- State official gives go-ahead to Blount beekeepers to extract honey July 4, 2015
- State asks some Blount beekeepers to leave honey on hives until it can be tested July 3, 2015
- Bee inspectors in the BCBA June 11, 2015
- Seasonal management tips for June June 10, 2015
- Don’t give your honey away, Coley O’Dell tells BCBA June 9, 2015
- BCBA meeting June 8 to discuss extracting and marketing honey June 5, 2015
- March BCBA meeting to focus on supering, installing packages March 9, 2015
- New beekeeper class for Feb. 21 cancelled February 20, 2015
- BCBA members offering bee packages February 16, 2015