You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘nectaries’ tag.
If you're interested in joining the Blount County Beekeepers Association, call
Welcome to the web site of the Blount County Beekeepers Association in Maryville, Tennessee.
This site will tell you a little about the association and how to become a member. It will also tell you a little about beekeeping.
Bees are an important part of our environment and particularly our agricultural system. They are also fascinating creatures.
We hope you will be interested enough to join us at some point, even if you're not interested in keeping bees. There are lots of ways you can join in with what we do.
Follow us on Twitter at @blountbees.
Schedule of BCBA meetings for 2015
The Blount County Beekeepers Association meets on the second Monday of every month, except for September and December, at 6:30 p.m. in the Blount County Library.
All of the meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested in learning more about beekeeping is welcome and encouraged to attend.
The following is the schedule of meetings and activities for 2015:
January 12 – regular meeting
February 9-10 – BCBA short course for new beekeepers
Feb. 16 – Board of directors meeting
CANCELLED - Feb. 21 – New beekeepers class, Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church
Feb. 28 – New beekeepers class, Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church
March 1 – Grant application deadline
March 9 – regular meeting
March 28 – Woodenware workshop, Masonic Hall, Alcoa
April 13 – regular meeting
May 2 – Field Day at Charlie Parton’s farm
May 11 – regular meeting
Recently on Blount Bees . . .
- New beekeeper class for Feb. 21 cancelled February 20, 2015
- BCBA members offering bee packages February 16, 2015
- BCBA offers annual short course to packed house February 11, 2015
- BCBA to award 5 new beekeeper grants February 8, 2015
- New beekeeper classes set for Saturdays in February, March February 8, 2015
- BCBA to hold its annual short course for new beekeepers February 8, 2015
- Supering, swarms and splits are topics for January meeting January 9, 2015
- Happy birthday, Rev. L. December 25, 2014
- Winter for the beekeeper: It’s time to think about spring, summer November 17, 2014
- Miss Apis Mellifera sums up ‘poisonous honey’ November 13, 2014
- Many beehive viruses introduced by varroa, researcher says November 12, 2014
- Beekeeping involves year-around planning, BCBA told November 11, 2014
- Overwintering, bee health on the agenda for Nov. BCBA meeting November 7, 2014
- BCBA to hold annual Christmas party on Dec. 8 November 6, 2014
- Researchers in Australia working on self-pollinating almonds November 5, 2014
- How a swarm decides: An NPR story on the democratic nature of honeybees November 4, 2014
- Beekeepers are using Russian bees to fight varroa November 3, 2014
- Feds’ pollinator report delayed until after Christmas October 31, 2014
- Beehives are property worth stealing – here and elsewhere October 30, 2014
- Bittman’s rules for eating – there are only two October 29, 2014